Add or delete linked applications
If your app supports linked applications, you can use the Linked Applications page to add and configure links to other applications. Linked applications inherit user access information from their parent application. You can delete linked applications either from the Linked Applications page of their parent app, or directly from the list of apps in the Identity Administration portal.
- Click Linked Applications in the Identity Administration portal for your app.
If the parent app has pre-formatted linked apps, you will see a list of apps to choose from. For example:
If the parent app does not have pre-formatted linked apps, you will see the fields you need to fill in to add a linked application. For example:
Do one of the following:
- If you see a list of pre-formatted linked apps, select an app to add.
- If you see fields to complete, enter an Application Name and URL, and (optionally) enter an Application Description.
- Click Finish.
- Click Save.
Click on the app you just added in the list of Linked Applications.
A new tab opens in your browser and navigates to the Settings page for your new linked app.
Review the settings for the app.
You can keep all the default settings for the app, or you can:
- Change any of the fields on the Description tab. See Change the app name, description, or logo, and add notes for more information.
Deselect Inherit Permissions from Parent on the Permissions tab, then select only the roles you want.
See Deploy applications for more information.
- Change the URL for any app that you previously specified the URL for.
Note: you cannot change the URL for pre-formatted apps (any app you selected from a list).
- Click the Linked Applications tab on the parent of the app you want to delete.
- Select the app you want to delete from the list.
- Click Actions, then click Delete.
Click Save.This deletes the app, not just the link between apps.